*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, February 05, 2010

"They're in England. I don't think they can tell which way my back is facing."

So, apparently walking with poles has already been invented. There goes my fancy new career in inventorship because "nordic walking" already exists. Look, here's a website. And it has instructional videos incase walking with poles is too big a concept to grasp, maybe it's the gum chewing that's holding me back. On the interesting side the weight watchers website lists nordic walking as an exercise and I get a lot of points, points I didn't get when I called it "hiking" so now I feel even more virtuous, and also hungry. It amazes me that weight watchers has it on their exercise list when they don't have Mott's applesauce or Friendly's ice cream as food options. I thought it was a regional thing but they have every kind of Stonyfield yogurt known to man and that's made in New Hampshire from standoffish puritan new english cows so it's a big mystery to me.

That's all I had to say about that. I've been "nordic" walking for a wee while now so I have no idea how many activity points I've actually been earning. I adjusted yesterday's activity because I remember it well enough but now I'm sure I earned more than 63 activity points last week and I'm not sure what that means toward my results for the week. I've been hemming and hawing about how many activity points to eat because generally if I'm hungry I eat something so I don't feel like I haven't been eating enough. I definitely don't not eat something because I'll go over my points. I might eat something different (i.e. I really don't eat pudding all day every day) but I don't walk around feeling deprived because the points whisper in my ear. Guess we'll see what happens next week.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

twice in one day?!

hotdamn yuo must be on a role!

Amy said...

I'm feeling all bloggy, not necessarily healthy and inspiring.

Rebecca said...

dude and can i write english for the life of me!?

misspelled you and roll!

eeeekkkk... maybe thats why i cant bump up my readership or get cool giveaways?!