*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, January 22, 2010

"That woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say No in any of them."

Last friday I had french fries with my lunch and it was a good decision because I can still think about them and how much I enjoyed them without having to have more RIGHT NOW which I think shows personal growth. Today I had coffee cake for breakfast because Rebecca told me I had to eat all my points and cake was the obvious solution. I'd hate to not lose weight because I didn't eat enough cake, that would be a tragedy. So, yeah I had a piece of cake for breakfast and there is more and as long as I tell myself I can have some if I want...I don't need to have it. That is totally how my brain operates and I guess that's why weight watchers is working for me. I was having a conversation with my sister and she's the opposite, she does better on south beach where the rules are stringent. I guess south beach wasn't so terrible for me but I genuinely can't live without sugar. I'm sure that's the saddest thing I've ever had to admit but there it is, I can limit it but I can't lose it all together. If I ever get diabetes I'll have to cut my legs off because I can't eliminate every single bit of it.

I've earned 19 activity points today which is almost a whole day's worth and my feet hurt accordingly. I'm definitely building up snowshoeing stamina because I did two hours today without wanting to cry even a little. I am feeling it in my arms using the poles though, I tried to put my arm around the pup in bed this morning and yikes! some muscle on the underside of my arm is officially protesting.

I guess I'm saying so far things are working out.

1 comment:

Previously Plump... in progress said...

mmmm, coffee cake - I had some of that friday night, is it not the most delicious thing ever?!

19 activity points! That's amazing :) good for you. Glad you've found an activity you really like, I find it always makes things a million times easier....