*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, February 20, 2009

"trust me, a bakery is virtually impossible to run without drug money."

There is some debate as to whether hiking through snow or snowshoeing burns more calories. Snowshoeing burns about 10 calories a minute, I have no such info on snow hiking except to say that I felt equally if not more sweaty after today's hike. We got about 2 feet of soft snow on top of our trail and it's now completely invisible. Why is that important, well it isn't except that every once in a while I stepped on a soft spot and ended up in snow up to my ass. Which is annoying, as per previous post. I've gotten stuck in the snow a few times, once wearing Matt's boots with no socks and I could not get the damn boot out of the snow so I had to walk back to the house half barefoot and he had to get an axe and dig his boot out. Poor boyfriend, no rest for the weary. Also, a personal lesson for the masses, always wear socks because you never know when you'll have to go all survivor man in your backyard.

In other news, I'm baking brownies today with caramel centers. This is one of those times when you're not sure if you want the recipe to work or not because it could be devastating either way. They're for a birthday party I can't afford a present for. Calories, the gift that keeps on giving. I'm doing a similar thing for my sister's birthday only with marshmallow and coconut, apparently it's like a bounty bar but in a cake...how could she not be thrilled? South beach be damned.

I'm going to try and visit my sister with both the cake and the puppy which should be interesting. One of them will have to be in the trunk. She's graciously allowing us to stay with her because my dad will have a cardiac event if puppy sets paw in his house. He's always telling me about the dog that followed him into church when he was an alter boy and the one that knew his paper route better than he did but he's a bit too into his possessions to have a furry running off with them. Not that I blame him, it's just a situation to avoid. Since I might be of the employed soon I need to start using my time to my advantage and get my visiting on. I'm really very busy for a lay-a-bout.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You'll have to let me know how the bounty cake comes out because wow.. i love bounty!! so much better than an almond joy and i love you even more for know that!!