*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Frankly I'm annoyed

I am right now looking at the Bangor Rye Rolls that I bought Saturday which have developed white mold sometime between this morning and 3 this afternoon. It's very upsetting. Essentially I paid 2.99 for one sandwich roll. And this is why you take no prisoners when it comes to using the freezer because I seriously can't afford to lose 5 out of 6 rolls. Now that I have gotten that out of the way, Valentine's day went very well. The pizza came out the cake came out the cinnamon rolls definitely came out, it was a very carbfull weekend.

There have been a few interesting things going on around here. One, it seems you can't license your dog at the town office. No, you can show up at the town office and the woman on the cell phone will eventually tell you that you could register your car here but you can't register your dog, you have to drive to the town clerk's house. Who knew? Anyway, that's insane so I have an appointment with the town clerk at the actual town office to spend 6 whole dollars licensing my dog. It can't be worth it, it just can't.

What else has been going on...oh, I might have a really cool job. I definitely have some cool writing opportunities and I'm definitely making some strides in cooking healthy food for myself. I have made two decisions regarding cooking in my house. First, I'm switching to green tea. I used to drink only green when I was doing my very best at this so I'm switching back. And then I'm going to start serving soup with every meal. Broth based soups before a meal are supposed to be the bomb so that's what I'm going to do. I have a few really good soup recipes I've been using but pretty much you can put whatever you have around in the pot and there's no waste and it's always tasty. Two things I'm going to try to do, two little things that I feel really good about. That and registering the dog...

2 comments:

MayQueen said...

I made pea soup with mint and a lemon cream garnish the other day and it was fantastic. I got the recipe online. Instead of chicken broth I went veggie and made a broth out of pea pods, leeks, celery stems, a bay leaf and some thyme. It was dinner for one night and lunch for two more days. Hardly any fat in there either, just two table spoons of butter to saute the garlic and shallots. Well, and the heavy cream for the garnish, but that's optional. I'm going to look through that Moosewood cookbook you gave me and find some tasty soups to make. I'm in the mood.

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Tea and soup... both of them are big parts of my current diet. Love 'em.

Best wishes to you.