*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

too much snow

The loose powder on top of the three feet of packed snow is now almost three feet deep which means that the snow is now taller than me. I tried snowshoeing but I kept tipping over...so I trudged a path up the hill for puppy and I to take our walks. IT WAS AWFUL. Very much like quicksand but colder. I fell in up to my arms at least twice...good for the arm muscles bad when the puppy eats your head. The whole walk was excellent cardio, I don't think I've ever felt my heart beat that fast before. We're going up again this afternoon when the pup wakes up from his nap.

I bought some clothes today. I am almost at the anniversary of leaving the bank and starting that stinky job and that was the last time I bought a pair of jeans. Those jeans still fit but they're getting worn so I cashed in my discover points and I ordered a few pairs. I ordered from American Eagle who have the best fit for my size and are all on sale for under 30 bucks...and I ordered from the Gap because sometimes I get lucky with their cuts. The big decision will be when they arrive because I don't need more than one pair in this size. A few weeks ago I bought a skirt from the Gap for 3 bucks which I just loved...in a size 14. I told myself that I was only buying the 14 because it was really cute and cheap but the truth is that if it was a 12 I'd have left the store empty handed. I'm pushing the edges of my safety size and it's not a good thing. It's a bad thing, a very bad thing. It's terrible when your clothes betray you.

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

"bad when the puppy eats your head"

LOL!