*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Monday, May 12, 2008

"I don't have time for bondage fun"

Blogging from work, big no no. Fortunately my boss has no idea what a blog is. I'm super busy but it's been so long and I hate being a slacker. Things have been crazy with the traveling and the untraveling. There's a lot of work to do when you get home from a long weekend, dishes and cooking and baking and a boyfriend on the brink of starvation. He did a good job of cooking for himself this weekend, only the chairman of the meows ate all his food. Apparently she's quite a thief when I'm gone, who even knew she liked mashed potatoes.

I got my stimulus money, so that's exciting. It's camera buying money, I just have to find time to place the order. I was planning on saving it and being a grown-up but whatever. I hardly ever have money I don't have a plan for and I wanted to buy a camera anyway so why not shop shop shop. Normally when I go to visit my friends it's a spending extravaganza but everyone is between jobs or saving for school and it was a very calm weekend. Except that Frederick is totally full of yuppies, they were everywhere like a plague of blond average white people. I don't care how much money you have, you can't buy a personality.

I just got back from the dentist and I have no cavities. No drilling sans novacaine this time, thank god. I think I lost something of my apathy toward pain recently because this weekend we were discussing getting new tattoos (the Hood H from the old days, weren't we going to do that Sarah?) and I just felt so, well, OW about it. I don't remember ever considering the pain before. Probably I was too cool, or young, or stupid or all of the above. Now it's like, I already paid them and gave them four years of my life...I don't know that I want to mark a symbol they don't even used anymore on my skin with a needle. But I could change my mind, who knows. Next week I might be all over the masochism.

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

I have no tattoos, but I've often heard the pain of getting one described as a rubberband snapping against your skin over and over. That sounds a little annoying, but not unbearable.

I think the true pain of a tattoo would be how you have to touch it up if it fades or blurs, and how you might look at it one day and wonder how much it might cost to get it removed.

(that's why I think tattoos that fade away naturally over time would be a great idea. why haven't they come up with that magic ink yet?)

Amy said...

It doesn't really hurt that bad, it is just annoying. Unless you have outlines with color inside, that hurts like hell when they ink the same spot twice. It's more the "I have to wait around and get stuck with a needle and then it'll be sore and you have wash it with special soap and hope it doesn't scab and blah blah blah and also you have to pay for it" that just wore me down. It's too much work to get a damn tattoo. the gung ho days of my youth are clearly gone.