*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

"Uh, twice a week after work, I put on a totally realistic bear costume and hang out in the park."

In the same day I saw a beautiful bald eagle soaring above the ocean and a cyclist smoking.  Not just a guy on a bike going to pick up a six pack, a genuine spandex wearing cyclist lighting up in a national park.  Weird, weird, weird.  Well, not so much weird as anachronistic.  Is that the right word?  Spellcheck didn't give me the underline of shame so I guess it's ok.

I'm making an effort to get my blog on.  I haven't been managing my time very well.  Actually, maybe I just don't have enough time.  After work and walking and gardening and cooking we have dinner around 8.  And then we go to bed.  Everything in the garden is ripening at once and we have a lot of harvesting to do.  We have a slew of baby pumpkins and one butternut squash I hope will make it into the fall.  The tomatoes are all green and plump and ready to ripen any day now.  We have been seriously drowning in snap peas and green beans and I've been eating stir fry like it's going out of style and now the zucchini are taking over.

Everyone else has been handing me zucchini for weeks and ours are now at that stage where they're cute and adorable one minute and the incredible zucchini hulk the next.  I have some chocolate zucchini cake recipes that are enticing and the words zucchini and relish keep popping up.  I personally hate zucchini relish but I relish using up the zucchini in a suzy homemaker way so that might be the way I go.

No comments: