*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, August 06, 2010

"Maybe I'm too funny. Maybe I was joking about not getting your joke."

Well, geez.  This is gross.  Gap, shame on you dudes.  As if 20 dollar tank tops wasn't annoying enough now we're not good enough to wear 60 dollar shorts.  Maybe I'm focusing on the money because I'm feeling broke lately.  I think it relates to getting paid.  Getting paid in theory is way more exciting than getting paid in reality because when we get paid in reality we also have to pay bills in reality and we can't spend all that pretend money at zappos on black knee boots because I'm just not in the right profession to make that profitable.  

On the other hand, I have made quite an impression on some of my former customers because there have been exclamations at seeing me back at work.  Burly adult men who work very hard at very hard jobs like lobster fishing and logging are giddy at the sight of me.  What does that mean?  Maybe I should re-evaluate my wardrobe.  

I might be spending my weekend in new hampshire but I'm seriously hoping my sister is otherwise engaged and I can spend the weekend home alone doing laundry.  Laundry sounds awesome.  Visiting my sister is awesome too but laundry and getting ahead at home sounds so great.  What also sounds great is not getting set back a few pounds by eating out and sitting around at my dad's hanging out.  I'd really like a break to keep moving forward or downward or whatever.  Some time and space alone to work and walk doggies and just get balanced would be amazing.  But geez, the girl only visits once a year and I have to take advantage of that and stop whining because the pounds to lose are many and the sisters are few.  

No comments: