*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, July 18, 2008

metaphor in action

I just washed my hands for the fifty second time and I'm pretty sure it wasn't enough. Do you know how dirty the office toilet is? Do you? Because I'm pretty sure I need at least fifty three washes and a lobotomy to get over what has transpired here this morning. I dropped my work phone in to the toilet and now I want to die. I'm sort of surprised that my instinct was to grab it right away as opposed to screaming or running or maybe crying, but grab it I did and I rinsed it off (probably silly to get it more wet but seriously) and then I started scrubbing my hands. They sort of hurt now actually. Luckily the phone still works. I rubbed an alcohol soaked cotton ball all over it and I'm feeling a little bit better about maybe putting it near my face again sometime in the far far future but maybe I'll just use an ear piece. I seriously hate myself, you have no idea. At least it wasn't the iphone...I can be thankful I'm not that daft. Sugarcrook would probably hunt me down and revoke my phone owning rights if I had dropped that one down the john. Christ, I can't wait to go home.

1 comment:

pinky pinkerson said...

this happens very, very often. you are not alone.