*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, March 07, 2008

"Tea can do many things, but it can't bring back the dead"

In news that has nothing to do with the fact that I think I made a huge mistake taking this new job, the wi-fi is getting hooked up monday. Matt is home from work and will be snow-shoeing to the phone box for the phone men. Phone people, they could well be women. That was very politically incorrect of me. OH MY GOD I HATE MY BOSS! He's a big fat jerk. And I hate him, hate him, hate him. Matt thinks it's little man syndrome. I work for Napoleon and every day is Waterloo. And also my arm hurts from typing.

So, how has everyone been? I feel like I've been on Mars, I've been so far from the blogging community. It's weird. It's all weird. That is so not the right word and yet that's what I've got. I'm working for this man, this horrible condescending man. Someone who seems to enjoy making me feel worthless, and not just me. Aren't Rotarians supposed to be kind. He's not kind, he's the opposite of kind. And also the opposite of professional, in my totally worthless opinion.

My sister tells me to give it a week, and she also tells me to make a stink if something happens again. I can't decide if I'm over-reacting, it's only been a week. I don't want to stay long enough to have to put it on my resume or for him to blacken my name throughout ellsworth. Like I care anyway. I'm the only person there who doesn't feel like they "need" the job and that's sad because everyone else is prepared to take his crap because they can't afford not to. That's not the way to build loyalty or to get the best out of people. Again, in my opinion.

I'm now off to check the want-ads again. Christ.

No comments: