*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Monday, March 10, 2008

"My food is problematic."

I'm blogging from the gorgeous new apple with the gorgeous new high speed interwebs. Which is a nice end to a pretty decent day. I was so full of dread that a normal day is downright awesome. Thanks for all the support. This has been very surreal. I underestimated how weird it would be. I was always thinking I needed to have experiences to keep writing and then I gripe about them when they happen. Tsk to me and my inability to deal with the gems of experience I'm offered. Shameful.

I'm now a bit shy to start up a gym membership, incase I decide to be broke again. I could, I suppose, see how much a gym membership would be. You know, like, as part of an intellectual study. Or, I could even put my goals into perspective and stop worrying all the damn time about things I can't control. That's a lovely piece of advice I need tattooed on my forehead. I suppose you do have a certain amount of control over your employment, as in my case, but you can't control how other people behave. Not ever. I feel much better since I've accepted that. I can only do my best, that's the realm of my control. You do the best with what you have and you take what comes. I just have to keep to that goal. Maybe that's exactly why I should get that gym membership...it's in my control and I'm choosing to ignore it and that's stupid. It's fairly against my new and exciting principles to ignore things that I can change and it would probably help with the stress and also I'd like to get this project finished. I might not be the super happiest but I can still work on being better and I think that's worthy. Right now anyway. Maybe I'll feel worse when I have to sign a 60 month contract for a million dollars but it'll be good for my arse anyway.

1 comment:

K. said...

hey Gyms are real great if conveniently located. Iam sure you can find one that is reasonably priced.