*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Is it cheaper without the novocaine? 'Cause that's the deciding factor.

I started my day with sparsely medicated tooth drilling, how y'all doin? Seriously, how cheap can I get. It really wasn't that painful, I just kept chanting about savings and having these Scrooge McDuck fantasies about rolling in piles of gold. I was really thinking that this isn't all that different from getting ink drilled into your skin for a tattoo, and I did that on purpose without drugs, so what's to complain about. It's over now and I can add it to my littany of suffering tales in case I ever have children.

What else, what else...oh, yeah, 175.4. How much do I love that? A lot. I lost a whole pound and that was before I got all that heavy, heavy tooth decay drilled out of my head. It's wonderful because I was thinking how depressing losing 27 pounds would be, and then how slightly less depressing losing 26.4 pounds would be, and now I'm fumbling toward depressed but medicated and going to therapy. I feel less like I've lost ground while being sick. I felt really bad about that, it's hard to accept it was out of my control, which makes me feel worse about goofing off when I'm not sick. Too late to do anything about snacks of yesteryear, I can only plan better in the future.

I spent a lot of time last night thinking about goals and looking around my house for things I can improve. I'll be a Target wet dream this weekend when I go and clear out their home organizing section. I'll need some spackle too because some of my wall art choices leave a lot to be desired. Funny how things you have that were "so cool" hanging in your dorm room just don't translate after a few years. In to storage it all goes, before I snap and start a bonfire in the driveway. Which would totally melt the ice and be very cathartic but I'm just not crazed enough yet. Maybe monday when I realize that removing the clutter from the shelves means so much more dusting. Another deciding factor.

7 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Wow, great numbers (and, as you say, they'll only get better now that all that heavy tooth decay is gone).

Congrats on your loss!

Enjoy your shopping trip. I'm contemplating an Ikea trip this weekend, myself. I have $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. Ooooh yeah.

Amy said...

Oooh ten off fifty is a good coupon, lucky you! I'm very relieved about not being 177 or even 178(that was AWFUL) anymore, that was a heavy ass virus.

Lauren said...

You sound like the grinch. "Maybe christmas he thinks, means a little bit more"

Lauren said...

oh yeah, and if you won't be using any of that stuff again, throw it out. I'm a born pack rat and I can't bear to throw out anything.

Amy said...

I couldn't throw away books, not ever.

Jennette Fulda said...

I think throwing out the college posters is on of those passages into adulthood, like buying a couch.

Amy said...

It's actually all art, by genuine artists, it's just not a theme. Can you hang your target bought glitter van gogh next to your Mary Cassat from the National Gallery and call it decorating? Pretty much only if you're in a 2nd grade artroom.