*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kinky

I'm not going away after all so I'll be trying out my ice cream maker tonight. I'm assuming it's going to be like trying out crack, or Netflix, and I won't be able to stop once I start. I'm very bummed that I won't be seeing my nearest and dearest this weekend but I am glad to have a day off for no good reason. The last two weeks have been full of bizarre happenings, and stress, and too much cold medicine.

The post I erased, if you saw it, was full of the bizarre. Matt and company are completely serious about the do-it-yourself demolition of some boulders in his brother's yard. I, being that I'll be visiting Nashua instead of Maryland, am completely serious about looking for a bridesmaid's dress for Holly's wedding. Her sister found something perfect in the right color on a clearance rack so I'm going to start looking for my own bargain. She asks only that it be Peridot, and long, the rest is up to me. The wedding's not till October of next year but if I can find a forty dollar dress like her sister did I'm buying it. If it doesn't work I'll just sell it on E-bay, or make it part of her wedding quilt, the options are endless.

I've been trying really hard not to think about all the weight I want to lose before she gets married. It's a guaranteed 10 pound gain to plan like that, so I'm forcing myself to roll with it. She says with gritted teeth. I have plenty of time to keep exercising and eat lots of veggies and take care of myself. Mantra, mantra, mantra. I've never had to fit in to a dress for anything before, geex it's not ever my wedding and I'm thinking like that. If I buy large they can take it in till the cows come home...can't they? It's a shame you can't stuff silk and taffeta in a dryer.

There's a feeling in my gut that I'll be shopping and eating all weekend with my family. There's also a feeling that I'll be dragging my sister Mac shopping to take her educator discount for a test drive. That would be bad for my getting out of debt plan, but good for my soul. All of a sudden I'm completely out of the patience I thought I had honed getting out of debt in the first place. I got the forms for setting up a phoneline today and I just can't wait to have internet at home. You know you're desperate when dial-up turns you on. Cross your fingers we get hooked up next week.

And last but not least, there were some kinks in what I thought was a very easy upgrade. I'm working on it it but if I've screwed up your link, let me know.

4 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

off the top of my head - I can't think of what color peridot is - is it greenish?

Bridesmaids dresses are made to be taken in/let out/altered. The only thing it will cost is money and time.

Amy said...

It's green to the almost teal. Can I say I hated them all. They were all so ugly. Atleast I have time to keep looking. If she were getting married tomorrow I'd throw myself under a bus.

pinky pinkerson said...

oooh teal - is that flattering to anyone's complexion?

I remember once going to a wedding where only one bridesmaid looked decent in the emerald-green, shiny, cap-sleeved nightmare dresses, and that's only because she was a ravishing redhead who was six feet tall and very slim. Everyone else looked like a barrel in green satin.

Amy said...

yeah, teal. the maid of honor is blond so she'll look great. as long as i find a a good cut i'll be happy. i don't want to be ill fitted, that's sloppy and unnatractive.