*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Monday, March 12, 2007

"Wrong? Why? How did you play doctor?"

babies should not have to be sick ever. it's too hard. it puts every other thing in perspective. my 15 month old niece started having seizures on saturday in the middle of ikea. she was rushed to boston children's hospital but we still don't know what's wrong. they're ruled out some biggies but we don't know what happened. she'll be there until they do.

i should be home taking care of my sister's children but i'm here. she told me to go and i did, when i should be there. so i'll be spending my week wringing my hands and jumping at the phone and cooking to stock her freezer. i don't know what else to do. matt and i will be building the wardrobe i bought. i already hate it. i should've abandoned the sucker then, emily said to get it. so i did. apparently in a crisis i'm obedient to a fault.

so i don't know what i weigh and it's just not that important to me today. i can tell you that i spent one day taking care of two kids by myself and it was unbelievably hard. hard like i don't know how the species survives. all i had to do was feed them and dress them. if i'd had to take them to school i would still be crying. i don't know how people do it, i really don't.

No comments: