*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"twice a week after work, I put on a totally realistic bear costume and hang out in the park"

So far I've lost 5 pounds by not eating carbs at dinner.  I hate cutting out things like that but it's not like south beach where it's verboten all the time, I just don't have spaghetti and bread for dinner...but I might still have it for lunch.  I made a giant batch of veggie chili for dinners and I have black bean soup planned for next week and spinach and white beans for some time in the future.  And when we pick up our new freezer I'll pop the individual servings in there and mix it up a little.  We're very excited about our new freezer and the new vintage bathtub, it's been a big week here...buying two expensive new house things.  This building a new house is starting to get expensive.  Maybe that's why I'm doing so well with my diet regime...too stressed out to eat!

3 comments:

Sevenbeads said...

Planning ahead is really the key, isn't it? I've had success with cutting down (not cutting out) carbs such as pasta and bread. I'm pretty selective about what carbs I eat - beans, fruit, oatmeal and vegetables are still a part of my diet. You're doing great!

Rebecca said...

I've been trying to cut out the carbs at night too...mainly because I had incorporated way too many into my diet and truly who needs to eat so many before bed?!

so exciting on the house front!!

Amy said...

my friends friends nutritionist recommended it, not cutting just relocating and it makes all the difference. it's amazing.

planning is definitely the key.