*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, May 27, 2011

"Don't argue with destiny. It will kick your ass."

So I was on the fence about painting the tub teal until I saw these cabinet knobs and then I decided that I would not have found these knobs if I wasn't meant to paint that tub teal.  I'm going to test drive some teals this weekend, before I learn how to use the grinding wheel and resurface it.
Delphi Blue Milk Glass Hexagonal Knobs     And then I decided I liked this chandelier from anthropologie but it's 4800 dollars and since that is more than our roof will cost I'm going to try to make my own.  I picked out a cheap base from IKEA and I'm busy flattening old flatware...I'm pretty excited about it.  Matt keeps calling it the "fork-alier" so I think he's excited about it too.  I think I'm going to make it messier than the one from the shop, more forks and things closer together so it's a little more abstract.  I'll put up pictures when I get further along.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the fork-alier and the teal tub idea, can't wait to see some photos!

Rebecca said...

thats a really cool chandelier! i cant wait to see it done..

the tub is still pretty...crazy! i'm sure it will look amazing!