*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Medieval Fight Night two nights in a row? Man, my codpiece just got tighter."

We bought a tub for the house we don't have yet.  It's a vintage clawfoot and it's in really good shape.  A friend had been looking out for one for me and he found one and now it's ours.  It was a bad time in terms of prioritizing the budget but a good time in that it cost 90 percent less than the tub in the budget.  And it also needs to be painted.  I'd like to get the painting and grinding and cleaning done before the house gets into full swing.  It's something I can do probably better than banging nails and cutting timber joints.

I'm thinking of painting it a teal because I love teal and I really want to have some color in my very wood filled barn style house.  The problem is that I don't have a house yet and it might look awful and I'd kind of have to plan the whole bathroom around the giant blue tub.  I suppose the worst that could happen is that I might choose to repaint it later and have to do all the work again.

I guess I'm officially starting to decorate a house that isn't built yet.  I'm on the hunt for faucets and shower water hook up things and a sink and a whole bunch of things for the kitchen we need to find on the cheap.  I'll be at the ReStore every week from now till forever and searching ideas for cabinets and hardware.  Here we go, wallets at the ready!

No comments: