*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Monday, February 23, 2009

"I can't eat plain ass vegetables all day, I'll get weak and die."

I am drinking a soda because my throat hurts. My throat hurts because I've been hollering in despair because the animals are fighting. I am feeling like a very bad person on both counts. I'm not actually yelling at them, but me wailing turns their attention. I just locked them both in the bedroom to figure it out for themselves. Very bad person. Actually it worked, I think I shocked them into submission...for the time being anyway. I'm a little argh today because the power has been out all day and all last night. It's not so much the fact that the power is out it's the possibility of the waterline freezing again that I can't stand...but that didn't happen. None of the food defrosted and became trash. No frozen limbs fell on house or car. I missed an appointment at a temp agency which is unfortunate but not the end of the world, it was certainly better to miss it than to show up unshowered.

Every year I think about going to blogher and every year I don't and now that I have exactly no money I think I'm actually going to go. Time always seems to be a problem, and getting off work is a problem and I decided that as my own boss I would grant myself the time off. If I start selling my plasma now I should be flush by july. This is one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to temp work rather than a regular job...just the tiniest bit more flexible. At least in my head if not in actual fact.

Anyway, damn. This day has been awful. Who knew that doing nothing but read a book all day could knock you on your ass. I should have made that drink a rum and coke, seriously.

3 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You said: "This day has been awful. Who knew that doing nothing but read a book all day could knock you on your ass."

Surely not! I love to read books. In fact, my favorite part of the day is to sit down and read a diet book (or diet blogs).

Of course, while I'm reading diet blogs, I'm also eating healthy foods, like a salad, and then a nice veggie soup, and then maybe a nutritious avocado and tomato sandwich on whole wheat bread. Then I repeat the whole process.

Lots of reading for an active mind, and lots of good food for a healthy body.

I just don't understand why I have such hard time losing weight ...

Sugarcrook said...

Ass vegetables?

Amy said...

it's an industry term.