*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"passed me running, caught me standing still"

This is sort of the middle of the line. The woman next to the bakesale sign voted for Nader last time out of spite. I didn't need to know that, I really didn't.
The line went around the town hall and up a flight of stairs. The stairs were sort of sad because there were lots of old people waiting in line but they seemed to be in good spirits. People kept saying "historic day" and the like. On the stairwell there is this beautiful statue...it's called "hope", which I thought was sort of wonderful and such a happy sign.
This is a better shot of the statue and the line. I'm about 40 minutes into waiting here and things were pretty festive, another 15 minutes and I was back into the sunshine. I'm almost mourning my lack of television. It's going to be a long night.

No comments: