*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Peachy with a side of keen"

i know i'm going to hate myself for saying this, probably tomorrow or in five minutes, but it's almost easy now. i felt like this before, i think in january or there abouts. like things were coming together and the pounds were falling off steadily and it just felt easy. i haven't gotten the falling numbers yet but the process is coming more and more easily. as long as nothing even remotely interesting happens between now and the next ten pounds...i'll be all set. i'm going to take it ten pounds at a time, work at maintaining it and go from there. i don't want to kill my easy breezy feeling with the more, faster, thinner thoughts that pop up so often. so i'm not going to think beyond 160. which is 12 pounds technically, i know. but it's my blog, i can be a hypocrite if i want to. it's in the constitution somewhere, practically verbatim. fact.


I've been looking for that practically all day. It's from last April. Thoughts like that kept popping in to my head this weekend, this whole healthy thing feels really easy lately. I thought it would be great to remind me of what happened when I mentioned things being easy last time, because it's been so easy since last April that I'm now 0 pounds! It's amazing!

Actually, it is amazing. I feel amazing. I want to be doing Pilates right now, I'm a teaser junkie. I just have to figure out how I can tape up my knee without ripping all the skin off. I like passing up the left over (still!) Halloween candy and being able to think "geez, even if I wanted chocolate I don't want that crap". I feel really powerful right now. Cliche'd, but powerful. Aslong as I can keep in mind that I weigh exactly what I thought I weighed in April when everything was sunshine and roses and look how that turned out. If my scales are five pounds apart, I've lost only five pounds since then. FIve pounds in eight months is not earth shattering. I haven't even hit that ten pound goal yet, not by any stretch of the imagination. But I do feel really great. I need to remember that too.

No comments: