*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, November 30, 2007

"In America supermarkets are cathedrals"

I'd been thinking that my new giant tub of organic strawberry yogurt was yummier than the last. Creamier, strawberrier, betterer. Today I figured it out. It's lowfat instead of my usual fat free. The package isn't even the same color. I don't know where my brain was when I bought it but now I know why it's so much better than what I usually get. It's not that I'm upset about the yogurt except that sometimes it's better to enjoy the restrained version without knowing what you're missing. I'm more made that I'm such a horrible shopper when I'm in a hurry. I end up with cherry coke and butter flavored maple syrup and garlic flavored tomato paste when I want plain. I don't really see the benefit of adding false flavors to things. I'd rather have real butter on my pancakes and real garlic in my sauce and of course a real cherry whenever possible. Which is why I'm still battling 15 or so pounds almost two years later.

Having talked about my sister and weightloss yesterday it was very weird that she called me last night to tell me she just went to weightloss hypnosis. She never mentioned it before she went probably because I'm the cynic who would say "you know how much lettuce you could buy with 95 dollars?". I'm trying to be open minded about it because her problems are hers and mine are mine, if something works for her I should be happy about it. I can't think of any way that it could be harmful, not like starving herself harmful.

Apparently they talked about goals and other things like that and whenever she sees the color red she's supposed to focus on her goals. When she said it I thought it meant that bingeing was like seeing red in an emotional way and she should stop and breath and think, but no they meant it literally. Whenever you see something that is literally red you're supposed to think of your goal. I've been playing at home and there is a lot of red stuff in my house. I suppose it's a new way of being mindful of your goals and that's not so bad. I just can't help thinking that it's not a life long solution. Not a healthy one anyway.

No comments: