*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Well, what if the baby killed a man?"

My mother in law gave me cat earrings for my birthday.  again.  I think this is evidence that she does in fact hate me but matt says he asked her and she said no.  ha.  This is why he says we should ignore as we are ignored and I do try not to care.  I do.  I have better days and worse days and there are some days I wish I could be vapid and focused on reproduction and big family weddings but I just can't, it's just not me.  I'm trying to be a better person and let it go.

Actually I want to be such a good person that it doesn't even bother me but I'm not sure I can afford the therapy to be that good.  I'll settle for not seething because someone gave me a present.  That'll all change when we get married and she's not there, I'm sure I won't see anything as friendly as cat earrings again.  I might have to start a completely new blog for that, something with barbed wire.

As this is supposed to be a weightloss blog, I will share that I am losing very slowly by eating more calories.  It's very difficult psychologically to eat more calories to lose weight but i'm tracking and really trying to eat well to fuel our daily exercise.  I need to get back in to my pilates every day thing.  I've been stretching every day to keep my shoulder loose but I would definitely benefit from the core exercise.  I have a dress that fits at my current size but I wouldn't mind terribly if I was so thin I had to buy a new one.  I'd get over it.

4 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Seriously, I mean cat earrings? I wouldn't even give them to my 11 year old. WOw.

Amy said...

you mean it's not a good idea to re-gift them all to my nieces? I have three pairs so I attached a pair to each present in a pretty bag.

maybe i'll get another pair for my wedding, a girl can dream.

The Merry said...

Maybe she really, really wants someone to give her cat earrings? My mother used to give me bath salts. I thought it was a comment on my personal hygiene habits, but then one Christmas I gave her some and her face lit up like it was Christmas (yeah, I know, it was Christmas, but that was not her usual reaction to a present.)

Amy said...

this is very true because she loves weird earrings. she has snow boots and snowshoes and other weird things. I buy her pretty flower earrings if they're made in a unique way. She wears them all the time.

she asked me what i wanted and i should have told her something i guess. i won't make that mistake again. she hasn't asked what we want for christmas though...uh oh.