*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, September 01, 2011

"I don't know if i should give bullets to a woman with a pimple"

it is thursday.  I am in the middle of my vacation and I have accomplished almost nothing on my list.  Is that a good sign for a vacation or a bad one?  We've been reading a lot and making brownies and then eating them so it's all good.  Yesterday I started looking for some post cards I might want to use for my wedding some way and I opened every box I own.  I didn't find them, I found three bags of things to give away to goodwill and cleaned out a lot of space for beets.  31 quarts of beets, 12 pints of pickles, 28 quarts of beans.  It will come as a surprise to no one that i see green beans and beets when i close my eyes.

I did find those postcards.  They were exactly two feet from me in a box that i thought i checked already.  I guess it was so cathartic to donate all that other stuff that I'm just relieved to find the cards.  Now I have to figure out how to use them.  I have two hundred or so 1970's vintage postcards of acadia.  I was thinking of glueing baby envelopes with notes in them martha stewart style or maybe having a stamp made I just have to decide if they're response cards or announcements or save the dates or what.

That's one of the things I have to decide on soon.  one of the many things.  I'm supposed to be working on my brooch bouquet this week and i have been actually.  I have a feeling this is going to be one of those projects where I go through a whole lot of supplies and eventually i'll figure out the right way to do it.  I'm still full of enthusiasm and in one of my boxes I found a cameo brooch that was my mothers so I'm trying to work that in without damaging it.  wish me luck on that one.

No comments: