*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Just because this is never going to work, there's no need to be negative."

Yesterday I got out of work a bit early and instead of rushing home to my doggies I took twenty minutes for myself at the antique store and bought vintage brooches and earrings to make my bouquet.  the tutorial says you need 60 pieces but I'm going to see how 20 works because I'm cheap.  If I can't do it under budget I'll sell all the pieces and get the adorable paper flowers on etsy.  I'm also thinking of doing pretty ribbon and cheaper pearl pins to fill in the difference but i guess we'll have to wait and see how that works.

I have a vacation coming up next week and as Rebecca reminded me I have 1000 projects to work on.  This bridal bouquet is not the most important but I also don't want to leave it till the last minute.  I'm putting a lot of time on what i'll be wearing and not much else.  I still need to find a photographer and someone to you know actually marry us, but obviously the homemade brooch bouquet is more important.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

clearly the bouquet is more important!

The Merry said...

Brooch bouquet? Clearly, pictures are needed for the craft-impaired among us who cannot picture what the heck that would look like. Sounds cool though.

Amy said...

it must be eh?

i'll have to add some photos!