*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, July 02, 2010

"I had an aunt who fought a cow for beer money once. The cow never forgave her."

So, yesterday I took my dogs to the library.  The librarians love dogs and we always get biscuits and cuddles.  Yesterday was kind of weird though because usually we get to play with some kids at the library but yesterday's kids wanted nothing to do with us and the doggies were very sad.  They did however make a grown up friend, an older guy with an accent I couldn't place who was enthralled with Knox.  He asked what breed he was, which we hear kind of a lot, and then he asked if he was a girl.  A lot of people assume he's a girl because of Lassie and most of the time it doesn't matter but this guy looked deep into Knox's eyes and said but he has the features of a girl.  Like, uhm, what does that mean?  How does a dog have the features of a girl?  People always comment that he's beautiful and I totally agree but no one has ever creeped me out like they wanted to take him on a date before.  It was weird.  

And on that note, I can't believe it's the fourth of July.  I had to go to the market this morning because we're out of everything a middle class white couple needs to maintain life.  Which is apparently mayonnaise.  I've never seen so much mayo in my life, both people in front of me and one to my left had giant containers at checkout.  Fourth of July is the official mayonnaise holiday of america.  I feel it's gravitational pull too, I have the strongest desire to make macaroni salad and potato salad and coleslaw.  Matt only eats one of those things so I'm making coleslaw.  No way do I need to eat two kinds of mayo based salad in one weekend...patriotism be damned.  


4 comments:

The Merry said...

It may not feel too classy
Begging just to eat
But you know who does that? Lassie, and she always gets a treat


[Moral: when you don't have a clever comment to make, throw in a quote from what's-his-name]

Unknown said...

you're hysterical

Unknown said...

you're hysterical

pinky pinkerson said...

I've heard of libraries that have a "read to a dog" program for little kids. I think it was originally to help out kids too shy to read in front of people, but now it is just this very cute thing.