*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"She's terse. I can be terse."

This morning I was getting ready to leave the house, a monumental occasion in itself, and I had this great idea for a post and I didn't write it down because it was such a good idea there was no way I could possibly forget it. Now I have no idea what that idea was, something to do with AGE and oncoming DEMENTIA probably. Anyway, yesterday after the dead hand incident I was a little frustrated and I called Matt and he suggested I leave the house. I haven't left the house except for very specific errands for a month. I'm terrified of spending money so it's better for my psyche if I stay in the house except eventually that makes you crazy too.

As it happens I have an important job interview coming up so today I took myself to Marshalls and TJ Maxx to look for very cheap but totally awesome interview clothes. A long time ago I stopped going to bargain stores because I always buy more than I intend and things I don't need and I don't have the space even if I did have the money so I just don't go. Today I bought very cheap green tea with lemon, strawberry preserves, belgian chocolate for 2 dollars a bar! and a bunch of cute but maybe not appropriate interview clothes. This is why I'm not allowed to leave the house, I bought chocolate and clothes that are very adorable but mostly not office job ready so I guess I have to go back to the drawing board.

The whole thing has inspired me to do a bit of shopping in my closet and I'm finding a lot of things I had completely forgotten about. I found a cashmere sweater that will work with a pair of pants I bought today and a lot of tops that are better than some of the ones I brought home. I'm torn on the suit issue. Probably I should suck it up and buy a suit no matter how ridiculous I feel in it, that's probably the sensible thing to do but I just don't know. I have a feeling this is a casual/laid back kind of office judging by the phone call I received where the interviewer made a joke about being "psycho" but then maybe that's a sign to run far far away. Maybe I just don't want to buy a suit because they make me feel like a fraud and look 700. There are many beautiful women who look astonishing in suits but I just don't and it takes a toll on my nerves. I've been going to interviews lately in a skirt/sweater/boots combination that I really feel great in but alas I haven't gotten either of those jobs. Sigh.

3 comments:

Julie, The Accidental Fat Chick said...

Interview wear is always a tough call. I think, though, that if you wear something that makes you so uncomfortable (aka the suit) it will be more difficult for you to relax in the interview. Maybe more of a casual suit? Something that is professional enough to give you confidence going into the interview, yet casual enough for you to be comfortable in. Good luck!

The Merry said...

I agree with the A.F.C. You want to radiate confidence even if you don't feel it. (Yes, I know that you know that.)
I am a bit worried about the title of this post. You mentioned that you're going to an interview with a psycho. What if the psycho decides you're not so solid? There could be torture. There could be obeying going on, right under your nose. You never know. Just saying.

Kelly Scotti, CHHC, RYT said...

What size are you? I have really nice suits that I will never wear again (just because Im not a suit girl anymore), and I could send you one if the size is right...I think I have 8 and 10's (and yes, I admit I dont fit in these anymore anyway :)...