*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, February 04, 2010

"If anyone gets nosy, you know, just... shoot 'em."

Lately I've been really worried about my impending financial ruin and it turns out that I don't have any money because I haven't made very much money this year. I'm working on my taxes and somehow the fact that I am financially insolvent had escaped my notice until just now. I actually feel better now that I see the actual numbers and have proof that I've been earning below the poverty line because before I thought I was just spending like a skinny blonde starlet (which I know I don't because whenever I look at my budget the only thing I have to cut is chocolate and that's not going to happen. I thought my records would show more positive things as in more money being made but if I had made more and had this little to show for it I'd probably be more upset and need more chocolate which we simply can't afford.

Enough of the overuse of italics, back to the exercising. Today I hiked with my snow shoeing poles which I did purely for the extra arm exercise and it worked out very well. My muscles feel nice and worked but not dead or dying so I think I'm going to keep it up. I don't need them as much as when I'm snow shoeing but it is helpful going up and down slippery hills so it's not just vanity that'll keep me using them all the time. My weight is hovering just under where it was last friday so if I'm extra careful today I might show a loss for tomorrow. As per above I'm very motivated to keep the losses coming because Weight Watchers ain't free and I can gain weight for nothing so uhm yeah gotta keep the losses coming.

I'm also thinking about how much it costs me to eat weight watchers style and where I can cut. First to go will be organics and fresh produce...which saddens me greatly. Unless I can sell lots and lots of things on ebay we'll definitely be changing how we eat around here. I've been getting a little slack with my grocery budget and that has to stop now. It's not all doom and gloom, I've found some wonderful bean recipes that are cheap and full of fiber and low in fat. Since I'm not working I have plenty of time to cook and budget and be really in tune to my meal plans and costs and be really anal about it. This is about to be the most exciting blog ever!

1 comment:

BEE said...

seems like you got a good workout in
dont stress
it will be ok