*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

"It serves me right for keeping all my eggs in one bastard."

So, a very LONG time ago I wrote a post about feminism and how I was super sad that women don't value the term. It started a small fight about how the word made women feel, if it wasn't for the word all women would be feminists. That's just ridiculous, seriously. But anyway, I've been reading a lot of posts lately about fat acceptance and dieting and how the two are sometimes at odds. We can strive to accept our fat and the fat of others but we can not strive to accept each other and each other's goals, Harsh. I seriously think that overweight women and thin women and all the women in between have an equally hard time accepting themselves because we are all focused on how we aren't perfect. I think the people who really love themselves are few and far between.

One of my super favorite things about my boyfriend is how he sees people. We were in the market recently and there was a very overweight woman shopping with her daughter and she had the most beautiful hair, seriously cover girl gorgeous hair. I commented on her hair after because I covet the simplicity of gorgeous straight hair and he said yeah, she was beautiful. Not "she would have been beautiful if she were thinner" just she was beautiful. I still have to work to see the beauty and not the flaws in things but I'm glad I'm surrounded by people who can do it naturally, I think it's a gift.

No comments: