*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"in my own defense, I'd like to say I haven't run over anyone since."

I am urgently shopping for a winter coat this week because apparently SNOW in OCTOBER is no longer a nightmare but a painful frozen reality. My current coat is in a bad way, ten years and two dogs later it needs to be replaced. I also need some waterproof pants for snowshoeing so it's going to be an expensive but warm and toasty month. I hate just about every coat I've seen and the only coat I'm warming too, hehehe, is really expensive. Ridiculously expensive actually but if I amortize over the next 10 years it's pretty affordable. I'll have to talk to Matt about it, he's my sounding board for expensive purchases and usually he tells me to go for it if it's reasonable instead of me torturing myself over the decision to spend.

I'm really concerned about a. buying something I actually like instead of the cheapest workable thing and b. I'm concerned about fit. Those two may be more related than I realized but ten years when I bought my coat it didn't fit very well. I did that thing where you buy the extra large because that's how your brain sees your body. I'm determined not to buy a bad coat this time. I'm trying to take my time but the weather is seriously against me. This has officially been the shortest summer ever.

No comments: