*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

slowly going feral

I sincerely need to get out of here. I just got instructions on weighing an envelope on the postage scale. Not only am I not a moron I have also been weighing mail all week and we haven't burnt down yet. I thought doing brainless menial labor would be super easy and painless but it turns out not so much. Like I thought being unemployed would mean that I would spend all day exercising and looking at lettuce for lunch. I should just take everything I think and do the opposite...like maybe vote republican and subscribe to cable. My personal assistant work might be out of the box but I'm never made to feel stupid and it's enough to sustain us. We won't get rich but we won't starve and we'll be able to pick up a second car that won't be so close to being redundant. We're actually thinking of going new, which goes against everything I believe in but if the math works that way what the hell?

So, how have you all been? I feel like I've been on a different planet lately, not having a computer to play on. I'm loving my pilates regimen, I don't think I look any different but I feel better. The positions are so much easier when you have a few sessions behind you, the success feeling is a really great motivator. I wish I had taken better notes as to when I started pilates a day because I definitely missed some days with travel and this insane job. I had such high hopes of charting my progress.

And also the pope goes to africa and says condoms aren't the answer to aids which is another reason I'm glad we stopped going to church. Useless, useless man.

4 comments:

Sugarcrook said...

Isn't there something in the stimulus package for buying a new car?

Amy said...

yes there is, and apparently used cars are now going for a premium which makes new the better deal, except for the insurance and registration which make me want to cry.

Rebecca said...

come out come out wherever you are.. =)

Amy said...

ollie ollie oxen free! I think that's the way it goes. I'm here. My soul is being sucked out for ten dollars an hour which makes the blogging hard. I'm getting all excited for july! Can we go shopping??? a lot???