*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Thursday, March 05, 2009

"serious shit calls for serious cash and your cash got a sense of humor."

The golden rule of dating is always if someone asks you on thursday for a date friday you're supposed to decline because you're so busy and popular and if they really valued your time they'd have planned ahead. I'm noticing a similar pattern in my job search. I have had two official interviews for two official jobs since I was laid off and every time I get a call to schedule it's always "Hey, can you come in tomorrow?". The calls always come weeks and weeks after the resume is mailed and it makes me think they had the perfect person and that person fell through and they're scrambling. What do you guys think? Am I reading too much in to it?

I obviously didn't get the first job, though I got a great referral out of the meeting, the second job interview was this morning so I'm officially waiting. I'm not sure I want this job, not that there is anything wrong with it...I'm just not sure about it. It's a perfectly reasonable job with reasonable pay but it conflicts with the other work I have accepted and I don't know what I'll do if they offer me the position. On the one hand a stable job with a decent wage is a rare thing and it would be difficult to turn it down. On the other I've been putting effort into making money in other ways and it feels premature to take something so...pedestrian. Alas, that decision is not my problem yet so why worry about it.

1 comment:

Sugarcrook said...

Having a stable job isn't the end of the world. It's not like you'll lose your hunger for other opportunities.