*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"Even slaves get minimum wage"

I am ill. I have a sore throat and a stuffy nose and terrible case of the whinies. You'd think that it wouldn't matter whether or not you're sick when you don't have a 9 to 5 but it does. I'm equally as annoyed as I would be if I had a job only there's no distraction so maybe I'm more annoyed and also I've taken a lot of drugs so my words they aren't making of the sense. I didn't sleep last night so this morning I took one of every pill that said daytime on it and it seemed to work. I'm completely unable to concentrate on how crappy I feel so I'm calling it success.

I'm tragically out of soup. I had been making a batch a week and with half cup servings it lasts a good long while. I should have made a batch yesterday but I had that hour and a half of work to do. You know how work can fill up a schedule. I should be cooking soup right now instead of blogging but probably I shouldn't be handling knives just now. Perhaps I can will the celery to chop itself? And the carrots. Nevermind...about that work I did...I think this part time job is going to be awesome. I didn't actually work yesterday...I just met the client and drank tea and ate cookies. I have an appointment with her on Sunday to eat brunch and go for a walk. THIS JOB FRIGGIN ROCKS! I wonder if I'll be able to handle taking money for hanging out with this lady, that might be the hardest part of the job.

2 comments:

MayQueen said...

Aw, hope you feel better soon. About two weeks I made some scallop chowder from a recipe in that Moosewood cookbook you gave me a while back and it was delicious.

Amy said...

Oooh I'm so glad you like that book. I have the original one but I've never made anything out of it, so many of my cookbooks are like that. I guess I need to cook more new stuff.

PS. I totally had a dream you were pregnant by some guy names jason who you described as a good kid, so beware dude.