*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"that's what she said"

I would like to announce to the world a very important discovery I made yesterday, doing pilates on a hardwood floor SUCKS and then you die. I died yesterday of hardwood floor pilates. My spine is maimed, permanently. And I couldn't watch the inauguration because I don't have tv so we listened to npr and it was awesome and I totally loved michelle's gloves. That's the best observation I can make that won't cause tears. Seriously, they cut to a group in chicago singing "this little light of mine" and I couldn't stop crying. It's tomorrow now and I still want to cry thinking about it. If I didn't have a puppy trying to eat my toes right now I'd probably be in a ball in the corner. All I can think about is how there were no tomatoes being thrown or newly inaugurated presidents getting into their bullet proof cars during the traditional walk and speeding off to the white house like a kid who lost his ball. I feel so much better already just having heard the ex-presidential helicopter flutter away into the distance. That was the best thing I ever heard on the radio.

2 comments:

pinky pinkerson said...

me too - and I saw it on tv!

Unknown said...

"All I can think about is how there were no tomatoes being thrown or newly inaugurated presidents getting into their bullet proof cars during the traditional walk..." I had the exact same thoughts! All I kept hearing was how jubilant everyone was in DC and that there was no violence or anything like that. I feel like knots have been untied in my stomach. *sigh* Yay.