*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Monday, March 03, 2008

"the tired I've everest been."

Today was a very long day, but it was totally worth it because I got a raise right out of the gate. Wooh! I got my new mac today and I'm so tired I've barely even opened it. Apparently you need to select a network to proceed and uhh, I haven't set up the wireless yet. Things to do tomorrow. In the way of interesting things I was way too busy to be hungry for lunch but WHOA starving for dinner. So that's not healthy but it's a relief to not be thinking about food all day because THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO.

I still haven't exercised and that's bad, bad, bad. I'm not proud. I do however have a lot of crap to do this week and I think getting the gym membership is going to have to get on to next weeks' list. I'm not too proud of putting that off either but I might go crazy otherwise. I might not see the bottom of my new and exciting in-tray for a long time and I think easing into extra curriculars is probably a good idea. I don't know how to properly explain how little I had in my life two weeks ago as compared to now. I got more than one comment on my desire to have had a break between jobs. All of them correct. I've more or less been on a break for the last five years and it's time to get moving. I can't deny a need to ease into it though. I feel ridiculously fragile about it and then stupid because this is what normal people do...work hard and manage their lives with stress and expectations and somehow life goes on. Crazy.

7 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Geez, give yourself a break about the gym. You've got a lot going on. It can certainly wait a week.

I think it's natural for it to be a shock to the system ... it sounds like you're switching from a slow-paced to fast-paced life. You'll adjust fast, but not instantaneously. You'll be happier in the long run, but there's going to be some transition time. Cut yourself some slack - stupid does NOT describe you! (You know that, of course.)

Amy said...

Thanks for the perky comments, I've been such a bad blogger. Forget about exercising, where am I going to find time to read blogs??? I think I was suffering first day-itis. I thought it would be better but then it wasn't that bad. Long way to go though...

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new job and the raise! That's awesome.

Amy said...

Thanks!

pinky pinkerson said...

hello there!

I am way behind on email and I trust I have sent you the appropriate photos, but I too am the tiredest I've most every been and cannot focus my brains.

I do have a marvelous way to lose nearly 20 pounds in 7 days, but it is an enormous commitment :-)

Amy said...

You must be tired, and you have, like, a living breathing reason. Congratulations!

carla said...

definitely give yourself a BIG OLE break about the gym.

it shall still be there next week!

MizFit