*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Animal retribution

I hit a deer last night and today my clothes are being eaten by mice. My own personal wild america. I felt really bad about the deer, but we couldn't find it and there wasn't much damage so I'm hoping he's just miffed and not dead. The mouse, however, is going to get trapped. Of all the things I never thought I'd do in my car. Anyway, I did some exercise last night and it made all the difference. I've got to remember to always keep moving. I should be exercising right now, but I'm sitting. We had another icy driveway kind of night but without the crawling. This winter is weather-iffic. Snow, driving rain, sleet. It's pouring right now and it sounds like summer. It's making me nostalgic for outside weather.

In the lengthy pants debacle I have now received two sets of everything I ordered. I'm all set for basics for the next two sizes. I guess I'm wearing snazzy black pants tomorrow...and every day until uhm...ever. I'm not about to complain about free clothes and eventually they'll be passed on. I'll share my good pants karma. It's the circle of fashion or something.

So, the computer monitoring sucks. As I knew it would. It's such a long day with no blogs to read, or e-mail or anything fun. I had to read a book, with pages that you have to turn by hand. It was practically medieval. I have a feeling I'm going to get through a lot of books in the next few weeks. Imagine if I had a real job like I'm hoping for, one where I'm actually working all day. I have so much to get used to when I join the real world.

5 comments:

belly said...

book?? how do you pronounce that? i don't know this book of which you speak...:)

Red said...

by HAND? What are we, cavemen?

lovelines said...

The first time I visited the Midwest, the driver who picked us up from the airport ran over a squirrel and just made a little embarrassed smile and said "Oops."

Car + Animal Life = Bad, in general

HappyBlogChick said...

Two sets of everything you ordered? SWEET!

Amy said...

Ancient times of the scribe, I know. I might get a papercut. better than repetitive motion injuries though.

It was very scary, but Matt convinced me the deer was fine...I hope so.

I'm hoping it's karma making up for the ordering fiasco, course the total was only ever 40 bucks so it's hardly the haul of the century.