*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Irony's kind of ironic that way."

It seems as though I actually lost weight while I was away being a glutton. Which is unusual, historically. Das scale read 169 even. Slow and steady wins the race of making me completely insane. I guess blind frustration burns a lot of calories. Speaking of which, I have a bone to pick with New Jersey and their bastard of a highway system. If the blue sign says gas .4 miles right, traditionally there is gas .4 miles on the right. Not, say, no miles on the right as in doesn't exist at all. I didn't set tire in the state of Maine until 4, I've never been so happy to be home.

I didn't exercise at all while I was gone, unless you count power shopping and lifting that giant box from Ikea. I bought myself a big ass bookshelf. My house is overflowing with the books, it's an avalanche of literature. We're also overflowing with the bookshelves so I thought 1 huge shelf instead of 72 little ones. If it comes out looking in anyway reasonable, I'll be pleased. Matt will be having guests this week so I'm a little wired on getting the house ready. I also, randomly, bought a ton of wrapping paper. The one I picked for Christmas is black and white, you reckon our families will burn me at the stake for it? Maybe if I get red ribbon they'll just glare instead of the burning.

Have you noticed I haven't mentioned the purchase of clothes? Is it conspicuous? I should have known that placing an online order would screw my chances of finding something worthwhile in the real world. The only garments purchased were for my nieces who are going to be a whirlwind of pink again this year. Shoes however, I got three pairs. Which is insane. Unnecessary and insane. I don't know though, I really don't want to take any of them back. Shame I can't pass the winter in only plaid buckle ballerina flats from aldo, pants are so over-rated.

No comments: