*

10 pounds down 32 pounds to go!

Friday, October 13, 2006

the stand

i bought a carrot cake last night for no other reason than that it was there. at the grocery store. with the rest of the cakes. just sitting there, taunting passersby. forces were aligned against me. and today we're having an ice cream party. with monster cookies. and bags and bags of halloween candy. it would be easier to turn it all down if the party weren't being thrown by people whose presence makes you want to chew through your wrists to end the pain. or have a snickers. or 7.

i keep thinking about it and there's just no reason for my life to be this stressful. i'm not a brain surgeon. i'm not an accountant at tax time. there's no reason for my job to effect the success of my day to such a degree. it's just silly. i've got to find a way to rise above all this daily stuff so a bag of nasty ass snickers doesn't sound my downfall. wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good feeling or release of stress you get from the snickers will only last as long as it takes to swallow it ~~~ I know, I've been there a gazillion times.

It's just not worth it.

pinky pinkerson said...

I well know the stress of which you speak. I also know of making the choice between food/chewing through my wrists.

Note that this comment is typo-free - hence, hands still attached.

Amy said...

i'm so glad your hands are still attached. it makes me wonder what my life would be like if i had an important job. bloody stumps.